Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Why do we live?



Why do we live? How are we living?? Whats the worth of life???


Hav'nt these questions struck ur mind atleast once in ur entire life? Im sure you would be lying if you say No!

I admit that I have been confronted with this question more than once...infact many-a-times!

When my loved ones leave me...when difficulties strangle me...when expectations disappoint....when I see people around me who try to deceive...when there is injustice to every word...when i feel im not doing anything meanigful...when the whole world seems to proceed when im stagnant....when i see people suffer....when I look back and see that I hav'nt lived upto the mark myself....when I see the world filled with imprefections!!!

There are thousands of instances which can raise the question of "why we live at all?"

After numerous such instances, (and most of them leading to tears) I have slowly come into a light which is giving me the answers for all my
scepticism.

Why am I living? - Becoz my God created me to live and experience the joy of living!!!

Becoz he wants his children to live a blessed abundant life...and show others how to live a happy life.

But 'A Happy life' will not just descend from heaven...it has to be made possible... by U & Me!
By every word, thought and deed...it should be consciously woven.

I beleive that there is untold possibility, amazing potential to accomplish and to love in each human body. To foster that potential it is necessary to treat other human beings just that way. It is easy to say, but not that often put into practice…thats the case with all of us. If we, or I, would put it into practice more often… seeing and treating other people as important as they are.. we might see the return of that kind of appreciation and the spread of it to others.
Thats the entire purpose of a meaningful living isnt it...

As Dawna Markova (author of Open Mind) says -
"I will not die an unlived life.
I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Yes, you cannot put a price on life.. but you can show your appreciation of just how precious each life is, whether it be towards someone who offends or disagrees with you, they are still human beings and more precious that you can imagine .

The inscence of our life should spread its fragrance throughout....and influence fellow beings!

The very thought that we should make a meaning out of our lives itself will help us create the meaning we want. Its all in our hands...its bestowed upon us by our creator!
Afterall he is the one who made us...will he not want to see us live happily?

Has he taken all the pain of our creation, sustenance and empowerment just to see us suffer?
Of course we do encounter difficulties and trouble once in a while...but it is all meant to prove the mettle in us.
As Albert Einstein says, There are only two ways to live your life.

One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as if everything is.

My life is in my hands...and with God by my side I can face any problem and say, 'hey problem, I have a BIG God' and with His assurance in life...I can make a meaningful life that can show the world that Im worth the creation!!!

No comments: